To find the best PhD program you must consider what will work best for you!
Here are a few quick factors to consider.
- Find a PhD program structure that fits your lifestyle
Do you want to pursue your doctorate degree part-time or full-time?
What’s your preferred PhD program structure (i.e., Traditional, On-line or a Hybrid program)?
- Traditional PhD Programs – Have a traditional format structure, where you exchange face-to-face time with faculty members by taking classes.
- On-line PhD Programs – Are becoming more popular due to supporting working adults and persons with families. This structure allows more time flexibility to take classes and complete assignments at your convenience.
- Hybrid PhD Programs – Consist of the combination of on-line and traditional structure programs. You’ll be responsible for face-to-face time (perhaps a weekend course) and on-line classes.
- Find a Relevant PhD Program
Invest time to do background research about your field of interest.
- Determine in advance if there’s a shortage or too many PhD’s in your discipline. You want to ensure once you’ve graduated and achieved your doctorate that you’ll have relevant employment, research and consulting opportunities.
- Find Supportive Faculty Members
As you’re searching for the best PhD program fit, take the time to explore faculty profiles within your different programs of interests.
- You want to find at least one faculty member that can be supportive of your PhD research interests.
[bctt tweet=”Achieving a PhD is Possible! ” username=”DrJoNataye”]
Make sure to consider these 3 tips as you’re searching for the best PhD program to fit.